Team Macho will be joining Alex McLeod and Winnie Truong to create a limited edition print to support the Open Studio’s 2014 Annual Artist Proof Sale. Forgo the rush and hassle of mall shopping, and choose instead from hundreds of original, affordable works of art during Open Studio’s annual Artist Proof Sale. Open Studio—one of Canada’s premier printmaking studios and galleries—hosts a celebration of printmaking every December, giving art lovers a chance to connect with and purchase unique works of art. Attend the grand opening of the sale on Thursday, December 4th, and you will also have a chance to meet many of the artists who created the artwork in the sale. On the opening night of the sale, the Preview and Open House kick off at 6:00 pm; at 6:30, the cash registers are opened for those who have been anxiously waiting to take home artwork by both old and new favourites.
THE ARTIST PROOF SALE OPENING NIGHT EVENT FEATURES:
* Original, one-of-a-kind fine art prints, ranging from $50 – $400, byestablished and emerging artists;
* Significant Others–presented in a dedicated space within the Artist Proof Sale–a small, curated selection of prints by high profile artists, including MARK CROFTON BELL, SCOTT GOUDIE, KRISTIINA LAHDE, and JOY WALKER;
* Limited edition, original, handmade artists’ greeting cards–our new annual range of cards will be launched during the event;
* Our exclusive range of t-shirts, aprons, totes and Open Studio’s artist-designed playing cards;
* Printmaking demonstrations–studio artists will be printing work by special guest artists ALEX MCLEOD, TEAM MACHO and WINNIE TRUONG, with chances for visitors to take home one of the limited editionprints being made live during the event;
* A rare opportunity for the public to experience Open Studio’s printmaking facilities; and
* A festive and fun atmosphere!
The Artist Proof Sale provides art lovers with an exciting opportunity to purchase original, one-of-a-kind fine art prints, at prices ranging from $50 – $400. Hundreds of original works of art—including screenprints, etchings, lithographs and relief prints—will be available over the course of the sale. An amazing variety of artistic styles and types of work will be available by both established and up-and-coming artists from around the country. The Artist Proof Sale is an excellent opportunity for those who are looking to start or add to their art collections. It’s also a terrific way for those who are looking for original holiday gift ideas or who prefer to shop locally to check items off gift lists while also supporting a worthy cause.